Title: Trade marketing manager
Reports to: Marketing communication manager
Segway-Ninebot is the world’s leading provider of mobile robotics solutions and is growing very fast. For the European head office, Segway Europe BV, we are looking for a trade marketing manager to expand our young and ambitious team with entrepreneurial mentality. Our small team is based in Amsterdam and works in close contact with the headquarter in Beijing, China. In the EMEA region we work with distribution partners per country/region and professionalizing together with them the sales & marketing activities.
To professionalize our marketing activities even further we are looking for a trade marketing manager to manage and improve the marketing activities of the distributors as well as improving and maintaining our European online brand store. The trade marketing manager will contribute to the company growth in terms of brand equity, points of sale footprint, sell through at retailers as well as on our own e-commerce platform and operating profit through coordination of successful EMEA trade marketing campaigns together with the distribution partners.
The Trade marketing manager will report to the Marketing Communication manager and together, the marketing team will be responsible for all marketing activities in the entire EMEA region. Which means that in this position you could really make a difference and be responsible of a big part of the growth of the company.
- Manage Segway’s own European online brand store. Responsible for the right content and a complete product assortment as well as setting up sell-out activities.
- Liaising and coordinating with other departments (Finance, operations) as well as the external agency to ensure a qualitive smooth running online brand store.
- Collecting, judging and improving marketing plans of the distribution partners.
- Create short term trade marketing plans for the EMEA region and specified per region/channel, coordinate and manage expenses and time frames, ensure consistent reporting and measured ROI.
- Monitor and influence distribution partners on periodical sell-in and sell-out promotions.
- Develop trade marketing guidelines to manage an improve the quality of the marketing of the distribution partners.
- Ensuring the right online presentation at online retailers in cooperation with distribution partners.
- Create tools to increase sales throughout the channel and develop high quality sales force product presentations with a strong focus on sales argumentation.
- Developing, in cooperation with agencies, point of sale merchandising like product displays to ensure high quality instore presentation and coordinate roll out with distribution partners.
- Participates in trade events as appropriate.
- B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college/university in Marketing or related field required
- 3-5 years’ experience of trade marketing of physical consumer goods required
- Strong analytical & computer skills; Excel & PowerPoint are a MUST
- Excellent leadership and management skills. Must be able to provide direction and support to distribution partners and internal colleagues
- Web savvy, thorough understanding of digital media and e-commerce
- Strong interpersonal communication and coaching skills, spoken and written
- Ability to interact with both external and internal customers at all levels and with different cultures
- Detail oriented with strong aptitude for problem solving
- Able to work independently and exercise good judgment
- Full English proficiency plus at least one additional major European language (Dutch is a benefit)
- Occasional International travel within EMEA region – potentially up to 15% of time
- Must be able to work outside office hours if required
- Good time management and able to work independently
- Located in The Netherlands with full working permit
What can you expect?
- Proactive, positive and energetic work attitude
- Flexible / Adaptable
- Team player
- Hands-on mentality
- Able to think out-of-the-box
- High sense of responsibility
- Positive energy, optimist
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with corporate discipline
- Effective Planning & Organization skills
- Good communication and social skills
- Effective Communication
Want to join?
- Be part of a fast-growing start-up organization in an international environment.
- Opportunity to bring your marketing ideas to live in the entire EMEA region.
- A lot of responsibility and freedom to fulfil your position.
- A competitive salary
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
, as soon as possible and before the 20th of December 2018.